DCCC to Offer Truck Driver Training on Davie Campus | News
Davidson County Community College is accepting applications for fall semester Truck Driver Training classes which begin in August at the Davie Campus in Mocksville.
Students will complete 384 hours of classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction, and have a choice of full-time day or part-time evening and weekend classes.
Tuition and fees will cost about $820, and all classes are limited to 24 students.
The first day class begins August 16.
It will consist of eight weeks of training conducted Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
A second class will begin on October 18, following the same class schedule.
The part-time evening/weekend class will begin on August 24, with 16 weeks of training. Classroom instruction takes place on Tuesday from 6 to 9:40 p.m., and driving instruction is on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Starting pay for truck-drivers can reach about $40,000 a year.
Upcoming Events near Davie County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Paraplegic killed, dragged in last week’s deadly hit and run was a husband, father of 7
- Woman charged with arson in Winston-Salem apartment fire last month
- Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools hopes move polling places
- Trial begins for man accused of passing stopped school bus, killing student in Kernersville
- Suspect sought for armed robbery of Winston-Salem business
- VSU football player pleads guilty to assaulting WSSU quarterback
- Dewey’s Bakery shares tasty Easter treats
- Bikers come from around the world to Winston-Salem for weekend races
- Chatham Co. man’s credit card ‘cloned’ and used in Winston-Salem, three suspects sought
- Police ID pedestrian struck by vehicle, dragged 3 miles in W-S