DCCC to Offer Truck Driver Training on Davie Campus | News
Davidson County Community College is accepting applications for fall semester Truck Driver Training classes which begin in August at the Davie Campus in Mocksville.
Students will complete 384 hours of classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction, and have a choice of full-time day or part-time evening and weekend classes.
Tuition and fees will cost about $820, and all classes are limited to 24 students.
The first day class begins August 16.
It will consist of eight weeks of training conducted Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
A second class will begin on October 18, following the same class schedule.
The part-time evening/weekend class will begin on August 24, with 16 weeks of training. Classroom instruction takes place on Tuesday from 6 to 9:40 p.m., and driving instruction is on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Starting pay for truck-drivers can reach about $40,000 a year.
Upcoming Events near Davie County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Parents want renovations at Stoner-Thomas for students with disabilities
- 18-year-old accused of beating duck to death with baseball bat
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Lexington Police search for woman who used stolen bank card
- Davidson Co. man arrested for break-in, larceny of firearm