DCCC to Offer Truck Driver Training on Davie Campus | News
Davidson County Community College is accepting applications for fall semester Truck Driver Training classes which begin in August at the Davie Campus in Mocksville.
Students will complete 384 hours of classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction, and have a choice of full-time day or part-time evening and weekend classes.
Tuition and fees will cost about $820, and all classes are limited to 24 students.
The first day class begins August 16.
It will consist of eight weeks of training conducted Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
A second class will begin on October 18, following the same class schedule.
The part-time evening/weekend class will begin on August 24, with 16 weeks of training. Classroom instruction takes place on Tuesday from 6 to 9:40 p.m., and driving instruction is on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Starting pay for truck-drivers can reach about $40,000 a year.
Upcoming Events near Davie County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Drones made at Wake Forest University used to study environment
- Winston-Salem doctors testing cap to prevent hair loss in chemo patients
- Jury continues deliberations in Forsyth Co. death penalty murder case
- State elections board approves Forsyth majority early voting plan
- Students spend spring break building houses for Habitat