Woman Hit by Car After Jumping from I-40 Bridge in Mocksville | News
A woman's death was ruled a suicide after deputies said she jumped from the Interstate 40 bridge in Mocksville on Sunday.
Sheriff's deputy J.D. Hartman said the woman jumped from the bridge and was struck by a car on I-40 East near Exit 170 around 6:30 p.m.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The victim's name will not be released.
Traffic was backed up several miles while officials investigated.
No other details were available.
Upcoming Events near Davie County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Drones made at Wake Forest University used to study environment
- Winston-Salem doctors testing cap to prevent hair loss in chemo patients
- Jury continues deliberations in Forsyth Co. death penalty murder case
- State elections board approves Forsyth majority early voting plan
- Students spend spring break building houses for Habitat