Woman Hit by Car After Jumping from I-40 Bridge in Mocksville | News
A woman's death was ruled a suicide after deputies said she jumped from the Interstate 40 bridge in Mocksville on Sunday.
Sheriff's deputy J.D. Hartman said the woman jumped from the bridge and was struck by a car on I-40 East near Exit 170 around 6:30 p.m.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The victim's name will not be released.
Traffic was backed up several miles while officials investigated.
No other details were available.
Upcoming Events near Davie County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault
- Parents want renovations at Stoner-Thomas for students with disabilities
- 18-year-old accused of beating duck to death with baseball bat
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Lexington Police search for woman who used stolen bank card