Woman Hit by Car After Jumping from I-40 Bridge in Mocksville | News
A woman's death was ruled a suicide after deputies said she jumped from the Interstate 40 bridge in Mocksville on Sunday.
Sheriff's deputy J.D. Hartman said the woman jumped from the bridge and was struck by a car on I-40 East near Exit 170 around 6:30 p.m.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The victim's name will not be released.
Traffic was backed up several miles while officials investigated.
No other details were available.
Upcoming Events near Davie County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspect sought for armed robbery of Winston-Salem business
- Student robbed at gunpoint at school bus stop in Winston-Salem
- Hanes plant in Winston-Salem being demolished to make way for Hanestowne Village
- Winston-Salem/Forsyth Co. Schools adding security cameras
- Vehicle crashes into house in Winston-Salem
- VSU football player pleads guilty to assaulting WSSU quarterback
- Dewey’s Bakery shares tasty Easter treats
- Bikers come from around the world to Winston-Salem for weekend races
- Chatham Co. man’s credit card ‘cloned’ and used in Winston-Salem, three suspects sought
- Police ID pedestrian struck by vehicle, dragged 3 miles in W-S