New Davie High School design to be unveiled | News
DAVIE COUNTY, N.C. — School board members in Davie County will see a schematic design of a new high school and learn how much that high school will cost at a specially called work session on Tuesday.
The Winston-Salem Journal reported that the public is invited to hear the presentation from Walter Robbs Callahan and Pierce, the Winston-Salem architecture firm hired to design the school, but audience members will not be allowed to comment, said Darrin Hartness, the superintendent of Davie County Schools.
The opportunity for county residents to address the board will be at its next meeting on March 5.
The firm also will present a schematic design for repurposing the existing Davie High campus.
“That will not be a facility used for student programs,” Hartness said of the current high school.
The special session will be 6 p.m. at the school system’s board room, 220 Campbell Road, Mocksville.
Read full story: The Winston-Salem Journal.
Upcoming Events near Davie County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault
- Parents want renovations at Stoner-Thomas for students with disabilities
- 18-year-old accused of beating duck to death with baseball bat
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Lexington Police search for woman who used stolen bank card